One Man's Eyes

I'm an early 30's engineer with delusions of adequacy. From here, I'll share my perspective, usually through words, sometimes through pictures, of the view of the world from one man's eyes.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Ahhhhhh - It has arrived!

Well, I am just stunned. During my order process on Sunday, HP gave me a build date for my computer of today (7/27) with free delivery 5-7 working days later. So, imagine my surprise when the wife calls me at work to tell me a big box arrived today from HP.
Sure enough, it's my new machine. I'm typing from it at this time and getting my programs installed. There's a bit of hassle uninstalling all the extra crap that it comes with (a 60 day trial of Office 2003? What am I supposed to do with that?). Still, overall, it's nice to be able to plug a machine in, turn it on, and just have it work.
I also got a 19" flat panel LCD monitor for $100 after a rebate as part of the deal. I'll probably stick with the 21" CRT monitor that I have and use the new one on the wife's computer.
Finally, HP had an offer for a free printer after rebate and that came as well. I didn't pay too much attention to the details since it was free. It was a nice surprise to find out it is actually an all-in-one printer-scanner-copier. The wife is particularly thrilled about that one.
Now comes the long and arduous task of rebuilding my Itunes collection.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home