One Man's Eyes

I'm an early 30's engineer with delusions of adequacy. From here, I'll share my perspective, usually through words, sometimes through pictures, of the view of the world from one man's eyes.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

A wet week for Houston

Wow! I emptied my rain gauge today for the first time since last weekend. 5" of rain just at my house over the course of this week. I think we got some amount of rain every single day.
Independence Day was particularly bad. Although, thankfully, it held off long enough for me to march with the KC's in the Friendswood parade. As I understand it, Friendswood has hosted the longest continuous series of Independence Day parades - 111 years. Naturally there are older ones, but they have apparently been interupted in their runs. We were able to finish our run through the parade and get back to the host church in Friendswood just before a massive rain storm came through. After that, I joined the rest of the family in Alvin and all the cousins over ran the house. It was too wet, humid, and mosquito infested to play much outside. (although, I did get a new bear and wolf picture and they are up on Flickr now).
The rest of the week was pretty routine. I paid a visit to the Clear Lake Blood Center. I normally do platelets every few weeks, but the machine was down, so I did plasma instead. Today, there was only a little rain in the afternoon. I spent most of the morning and early afternoon at the KC hall for a work day. Several areas had been identified for fixing and I spent most of my time outside cleaning up the landscaping that had become over run with weeds. We had a good turnout and it was a fun time. But I was sore, tired, and a bit sun burned by the time I got home. Now, it's time to get some sleep.
Tomorrow, we start packing for vacation, but that's another post.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home