One Man's Eyes

I'm an early 30's engineer with delusions of adequacy. From here, I'll share my perspective, usually through words, sometimes through pictures, of the view of the world from one man's eyes.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Technorati

I read somewhere recently that there are somthing like 60 million blogs currently out on the web. This site is essentially the main specialized search engine for the blogosphere. You want to read blog entries about some keywords that you're searching for? Technorati is the place to go.
No, Technorati claims to be tracking over 45 millions blogs itself and it ranks them according to how many other blogs link to it. While it is still meaningless, searching for my own blog there shows it to be ranked at a little worse that 1 million out of those 45 million. Statistically speaking, not too shabby. What's really scary is that it's ranked even that high.
Of course, my friend, Shell is doing much better. Currently carrying a rank of 846,809 out of those 45 million. Come to think of it, she'll probably rank even higher now that I've linked to her again. It's all a viscious cycle.
I suppose I could work harder to be as popular a blogger, but, alas, I don't seem to be able to find nearly the time she does. Oh, well.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home