One Man's Eyes

I'm an early 30's engineer with delusions of adequacy. From here, I'll share my perspective, usually through words, sometimes through pictures, of the view of the world from one man's eyes.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Beer and Bazaars

Well, this has thankfully been a relatively quiet weekend. Only one kids birthday party. I did finally get a chance to try some Shiner Bock to see if I have any hope of liking beer. Sadly, it looks like the answer is no. While I could certainly see a difference in the deep rich color of the beer and the thick head of foam (compared to your typicaly American can beer), at the end of the day, I really couldn't tell that much of a difference in taste. I know, that's going to be a blasphemous statement to all the beer aficionados out there. I just can't get past the bitter aftertaste that seems to be a hallmark of beer by design. Even the beers that beer drinkers consider watery taste pretty bitter. I've always had pretty strong senses and I think I'm just too sensitive to the bitterness to be able to enjoy any other aspect of the beer. Unlike Evo Terra who seems to need to have raw flaming hopps on his tongue to sense any bitterness. More power to him. Thanks again to Charlie the Beer Guy for making a great effort on his show to find me a beer to try.
We also went to the appreciation dinner for the St. Helen Bazaar Workers last night. We didn't stay long, but did get to listen to the highlights from the Bazaar chairman. It was by far the most successful one in the forty year history and has set a high bar for the future. The chairman thanked several groups for the efforts and mentioned the parking crew first of all, which was nice. It's good to know all that sweat proved worthwhile for the church.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home