One Man's Eyes

I'm an early 30's engineer with delusions of adequacy. From here, I'll share my perspective, usually through words, sometimes through pictures, of the view of the world from one man's eyes.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Looking forward to a quiet weekend

For the first time since I can't remember, I have no plans or commitments for the weekend! Usually, there is at least one birthday party for one of the kids, or a church festival, visiting relatives, or something! But not this weekend. I'm finally free to just hang out with the wife and kinds. I expect I'll get caught up on the yardwork, probably do some more house cleaning, and spend a good bit of time at the pool (Shelley promises to take the rain north with her this weekend).
Today, I finally managed to get back to the Blood Center for a regular platelet donation. I try to get there every two weeks, but I'm averaging more like three weeks. I'm off work on Friday afternoons, so it's a perfect time to go, unless I'm sick, one of the kids is sick, the wife is sick, or some other pressing matter arises. If you don't already do so, I highly recommend that you find the time to pay a visit to your local blood center. Don't worry, you'll make more! There are a lot of people who simply can't donate for a variety of reasons and too many others just don't bother or don't even know.
Well, that's all for now. I'm going to go enjoy my weekend!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home