One Man's Eyes

I'm an early 30's engineer with delusions of adequacy. From here, I'll share my perspective, usually through words, sometimes through pictures, of the view of the world from one man's eyes.

Friday, June 30, 2006

Weird Al

Alright, I confess, I'm a fan of Weird Al Yankovic going way back to the 80's. Back then I was in touch with pop music and could enjoy the humor of his parodies and remakes. These days, while I still enjoy Al's songs, I more often than not will fail to recognize what "popular" tunes he's parodying. Getting old, I guess.
So, what I do I even bring this up? Well, due to a dispute, he's unable to release a parody song he made on his next album, so he's giving it away for free on his website. It's called "You're Pitiful". I know the original song is "You're Beautiful", but I have no idea who the original artist is. Truth be told, I often enjoy Al's versions better than the originals. In this particular instance, I had to laugh - part of my tagline of the blog is that I suffer from delusions of adequacy. That's mostly tongue-in-cheek as I'm generally pretty well adjusted and all. But, the song uses that exact line in it as a put down of the uknown target of the song. Great minds, you know. Great minds indeed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home