One Man's Eyes

I'm an early 30's engineer with delusions of adequacy. From here, I'll share my perspective, usually through words, sometimes through pictures, of the view of the world from one man's eyes.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

CopyPod saved me!

Alright, I have to post about this one now that I know it's all working. When I lost my hard drive a few weeks ago, one of the things that pissed me off the most was losing my Itunes database. I had pretty much all of my actual music backed up, but things like playlists and ratings for each song were lost. I have over 3800 tracks in my Ipod and, after much work, was down to about 700 that still needed a rating. Of course, the Ipod knows all this stuff, but, thanks to Apple, I couldn't pull the information back from the Ipod.
Well, after some searching, I found a program called CopyPod that claimed it could do just that - pull my files from the Ipod and rebuild my Itunes database. So, yesterday I took the plunge and bought the program. It has turned out to be the best $20 I've spent in a long time. With a writep from the website, I was quickly able to configure the program and it spent the next hour or so pulling the tracks from my Ipod and then rebuilding my Itunes database. At this point, I am essentially as good as before.
And that is pretty damn cool. So, if you get an Ipod, I highly recommend keeping this program in mind, as it could save your collection someday as well.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home