One Man's Eyes

I'm an early 30's engineer with delusions of adequacy. From here, I'll share my perspective, usually through words, sometimes through pictures, of the view of the world from one man's eyes.

Monday, June 11, 2007

Weekend Update

Life has been busy the last few days. First, the bad news - The Princess went to the dentist for a checkup last week. She has, unfortunately, inherited her mother's teeth. She had TEN cavities that will need to be repaired, and two of those are likely to need crowns. It was a pretty stunning blow to get that news. Admittedly, we don't always do the best at brushing and I have been blessed with pretty durable teeth, myself. But, that has all changed effective immediately. The one bright spot is, though it's going to take a lot of work and money to get these teeth fixed, over the course of the next six years, they will all be replaced with permanent teeth. So, we get something of a do over and a chance to start now with building better habits. At least now we know that we're going to have to work extra hard to keep her teeth in shape.


The weekend went better. The princess had two birthday parties this weekend and Sunday was a full day with our parish Bazaar. As usual, I worked on the parking crew under the blazing sun and sweltering humidity. The crowd seemed smaller than last year, but we still packed in quite a few people. The rides were different this year and generally something of a disappointment from year's past. Still, the princess went on what I'd call an astronaut training ride. She remains quite the adventurer. I caught this bit of video on my camera:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home