One Man's Eyes

I'm an early 30's engineer with delusions of adequacy. From here, I'll share my perspective, usually through words, sometimes through pictures, of the view of the world from one man's eyes.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Momma (verb)

My son is about 18 months old now. He has a growing vocabulary and he clearly understands a lot of words we say that he is not yet speaking back to us.

But, one of his favorite words is Momma. Of course, he's refering to my wife. However, it seems he's not always refering to her as a noun. For him, Momma is a verb. He will say Momma, but what he really means is...

Momma, I'm hungry!

Momma, I'm thirsty!

Momma, carry me!

Momma, take me with you!

Momma, change my diaper!


So far, Daddy just means myself in the noun sense. But Momma is definitely a verb - she's what's happening.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home