One Man's Eyes

I'm an early 30's engineer with delusions of adequacy. From here, I'll share my perspective, usually through words, sometimes through pictures, of the view of the world from one man's eyes.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

On my own

My wife has a good job. She's slowly starting to realize it. She works 32hrs a week from home for a company up in the great white north (Chicago). It gives her a lot of flexibility, particularly when it comes to taking care of the kids.
Well, as part of the deal, she has to go up to Chicago for one week each quarter. You guessed it, this is the week. She flew out this morning and she'll be back Friday night. Until then, It's just me, a five year old princess, and a one and a half year old tornado. We survived our first day pretty well and I can tell I'm definitely doing well as I had them both asleep by 8:15pm, which is a major feat in our household. It even gives me a chance to do a little post here tonight.
The princess started a new Karate class. Momma would have to sign the daughter up for a class that starts while she's out of town. But, I got her there just fine and managed to keep the tornado occupied during the class. He was wiped out and went down pretty easily after we got home.
Well, I think I'm going to see about getting a early bed time tonight myself!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home