One Man's Eyes

I'm an early 30's engineer with delusions of adequacy. From here, I'll share my perspective, usually through words, sometimes through pictures, of the view of the world from one man's eyes.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

A Time of Change

Well, today marking a new phase in my life. Over the last few years, I've been reconnecting with my spirituality and I've been much happier for it. This year, my oldest daughter is starting CCE classes at our church. Since she is going to be there, my wife and I agreed that it would be good for one of us to volunteer to help out as well. So, it has fallen to me. I'm going to be teaching 1st graders this fall.
Today, I was at the church for the first of several training sessions for my fellow Catechists and I. The lessons today were very good and a useful preparation for me. I have no teaching experience in my background, so this has been especially important.
I'm doing this in part becuase I care about my faith and I want to share that. But also, because I know that I don't know my faith yet as well as I would like in some areas, and this will force me to stay on top of my own continuing education as well.
You know, now that I think about it, I have taught individual classes on different topics from time to time, mostly at my work. It's certainly been true for me that you really learn a lot yourself when you are preparing to teach others. I'm looking forward to these classes this fall.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home