One Man's Eyes

I'm an early 30's engineer with delusions of adequacy. From here, I'll share my perspective, usually through words, sometimes through pictures, of the view of the world from one man's eyes.

Friday, April 14, 2006

Happy Birthday, My Daughter

 
Here we are, two weeks to the day after my son has celebrated his first birthday. Now, it is big sister's turn and she's five today. I look back and I can't believe that she's this old already.
Let me tell you, time machines do exist and they are called children. Except, they don't work like you'd expect. They can only take you forward in time at much faster than the speed of time before children.
She's comes so far already and I know that she's going to go far beyond her mother and I. One of these days, she going to look at her mother and I and wonder how she gets her smarts when her parents are such stupid people :-)
She starts kidegarten in the fall, but she's already learned a lot and I expect she will stay ahead of the curve all her life.
After having to put up with whatever Mom and Dad say, she enjoyed having the day the call the shots herself. We went swimming and to the park and we went where she wanted to go for lunch. All in all, she had a pretty good birthday. I don't know if we'll get to have many more birthdays like this one where the day falls where I'm off of work and she's out of school, so I wanted to make sure we took full advantage of this day.
Happy birthday, princess. Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ed from Texas said...

Yes, Jen made the mistake of running in the dryer on high heat a few years ago. But, it still does it's job.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home