One Man's Eyes

I'm an early 30's engineer with delusions of adequacy. From here, I'll share my perspective, usually through words, sometimes through pictures, of the view of the world from one man's eyes.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Lifeline restored!

We've been dealing with spotty internet access here at the house since the weekend. On Friday I took our modem to the Comcast store for an exchange as it had been flaky most of the week. At the store, the reported the whole area was having trouble, but I went and swapped out anyway.
Well, come Sunday, the connection is spending more time down than up. So, we call in and a tech comes out this afternoon. Turns out, my old modem was crapped....and so was the replacement that I got Friday. The tech checked out everything and the only weak link was the modem. So, swapped out again and all appears well.
On the way out, the tech, who was an experience guy slipped up and thanked us for using Road run...er..Comcast :)
Now, if we can just get Comcast to start shipping those TIVO powered DVRs, life will be great.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooo...TIVO...I can't imagine my life without it now.

I'm having the problem that my apartment complex is now flooded with wireless internet. Every freaking channel. I might go back to the old way.

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home